Maryanne McKay, BA, AE
Based in Canberra, Australia, I provide professional and reliable freelance editing services locally and nationally.
I work with government agencies, universities, organisations and authors to achieve highly polished documents that communicate clearly and are grammatically correct.
For 12 years I worked in editing, policy and research roles in the government, community and university sectors, and I have worked as a freelance editor for 7 years.
In 2011, I qualified as an Accredited Editor (by examination) with the Institute of Professional Editors.
– Accredited Editor (AE), Institute of Professional Editors
– Bachelor of Arts (BA), Australian National University
– Canberra Society of Editors, full member
– National Editors Conference, delegate, Canberra 2015, Sydney 2011
Clients and projects, 2009–2016
– Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
– Australian Agency for International Development
– Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs
– Foreign Affairs and Trade
– National Water Commission
– Organ and Tissue Authority
– Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport
– Environment and Sustainable Development
Australian National University
– Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research
– Centre for European Studies
– Medical School
– Research School of Humanities and the Arts
– Research School of Social Sciences
Cadman Editing Services
– World Health Organization reports 2010–2016 (e.g. HIV, malaria, tuberculosis)
– Clinical practice guidelines (blood, depression, diabetes)
– Resource manuals (Aboriginal health, community health, education)
– How to design projects to end violence against women and girls
– Women’s experience of sexual violence under the Khmer Rouge: a report on the first women’s hearing in Cambodia
– Active transport plan for the ACT
– A work in progress: a history of the YWCA of Canberra 1929–2009